The Nelson lighthouse was built in 1862 and provides a unique location for your wedding. The lighthouse, positioned on a natural “Boulder Bank” just outside the city, is the second permanent lighthouse to be built in New Zealand and was decommissioned in 1982 at which time it was the longest operating lighthouse in New Zealand.
It is also the only lighthouse in New Zealand that people are allowed to go into, providing a unique opportunity to have your wedding in a significant and symbolic landmark.
The lighthouse features several levels and a top deck with amazing views over the Nelson Harbour, the Boulder Bank, the sea and mountains.
Included in this location:
- Return travel from Nelson Port by Gourmet Sailing yacht across the harbour to the lighthouse
- Food and drinks on board for the Bride and Groom (guests extra)
- Lighthouse use donation
- Marriage License application fees and processing
- A personal wedding planner
- A personalised ceremony by a registered celebrant
- Professional wedding photography (up to 3 hours)
- Wedding photos in a digital format
- Marriage Certificate application fees and processing
- Option to upgrade to a Works Package to include hair, makeup and flowers
- Tell us what else you would like and we will be happy to customize the package for you.